- Vieste is commonly referred to as “the pearl of the Gargano“.
- The symbol of Vieste is the Pizzomunno, a 25 meter high monolith on which a song was written that participated in the Sanremo festival (click here)
- In Vieste there is “La Salata“, one of the Most important necropolis of the Mediterranean
- In Vieste you can watch the fishing demonstration of Trabucco, an ancient fishing machine (click here)
- The night of September 29th a “night pilgrimage” starts from Vieste to Monte Sant’Angelo in honor of San Michele Arcangelo
Not to Miss:
A walk in the historic center
Stroll through the historic center of Vieste discovering breathtaking panoramic views from time to time.
Don’t miss visiting the Cathedral of Vieste and the Castle (by reservation only).
Vieste changes completely in the summer months.
The houses of the historic center are transformed into small shops and every corner of the village comes to life.
In summer the nightlife moves on the beaches, “Ultima Spiaggia” above all.
Practicing sports activities
Vieste is a tourist destination equipped for the practice of sports such as windsurfing and kitesurfing, given the constant wind that blows on its coasts.
Other activities such as biking, running and mountain biking are possible.
The shallow waters of its coasts allow the practice of sports on the beach for the more adults and make the beach perfectly usable for the kids.
Among the many sports to practice near Vieste, there is the use of a Transparent Canoe (more info)
The video of the Gargano Coast seen from a Transparent Canoe
– Numerous ferries leave from the port of Vieste to the Tremiti islands;
– Finding parking in the center of Vieste in high season can be very complicated!;
– The beaches of Vieste are sandy, with shallow waters and are stormed during periods of high season;
– You can visit the coast and the sea caves by sea (in the direction of Mattinata) renting an inflatable boat or entrusting yourself to the many tours that start from the coast (Mass Tour !!!);
– The Tours we offer have a pick-up service up from Vieste (click here for more information);