- Peschici is a unique village from which you can admire both sunrise and sunset over the sea
- The typical dish of Peschici is called “Panmbuss pu cefl”, a mullet soup on stale bread
- The coasts of Peschici are full of Saracen Towers, ancient defense for invasions enemies
- The name ‘Peschici’ derives from the Slavic language, a population that has lived in the past in these lands
Not to Miss:
Walking in the historic center
The most evocative part of Peschici is certainly the historic center, a labyrinth of alleys to be discovered.
White houses, craft shops, spectacular sea views, box offices where you can try typical local products: this is Peschici!
Don’t miss a visit to Castle and the Torture Museum.
The entrance to these attractions is located on one of the most panoramic squares of the entire Gargano.
In the historic center of Peschici there are artisan workshops and artists’ workshops.
Stop to look at the unique pieces asking for information on the particular workmanship of the very kind craftsmen.
Many of these objects exude history.
We suggest you to taste the typical products: taralli, stuffed wafers, caciocavalli, the “Limolivo” or the “Veleno del Gargano”.
Don’t miss the most characteristic ice cream shop in Peschici, By “Michel”.
You can taste “Gargano” tastes, like the ice cream with podolico caciocavallo !!
– Ferries leave from the port of Peschici to the Tremiti Islands;
– During high season it can be difficult to find parking in the historic center of Peschici;
– In high season the nightlife flows through the narrow streets of Peschici and continues on the long sandy beaches up to late night;
– The tours we offer have a pick-up service from Peschici (click here for more information);